I think I have exhausted the possible methods for finding M stars with little success. It may be that these stars are just too faint and under-observed to create an age-determination method from scratch.
In the meantime, I need to develop a step-by-step process for determining the age of FGK stars starting with the raw photometric observations. Back to the books!
Greetings--
ReplyDeleteFYI - you may find the following code useful for your adventures in age-dating Sun-like stars:
http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~emamajek/cahk.f (sorry it's in fortran, but it should compile without trouble on most *nix machines).
I've tried to incorporate as many useful rotation/activity indicators as I could into the code. I use it all the time, so there shouldn't be any major bugs with it (but if you do find some, please tell me).
cheers,
Eric M
Great! Thanks very much! I will definitely take a look at it. I mostly work in Python, so it might be worth it to me to convert the script. If I do get it working in Python properly, I'll be sure to send that back to you!
ReplyDelete-Laura