After the first day of the face to face meeting in Toronto, here's how I(we) decided I need to organize my data:
(1) determine an age using four main methods - (a) isochrones, (b) gyrochronology, (c) magnetic activity, (d) xray luminosity.
(2) "weigh" each age by determining which best agrees with more general age indicators - (a) UVW's, (b) cluster membership
(3) determine the weighted average for the age
(4) rate each final age determination based on the data available on each star
I've already determined ages for my F, G, and K stars using R'hk (magnetic activity). I also determined ages using gyrochronology, but I'd like to incorporate vsini measurements in these calculations. Here's a preliminary plot modeled after figure 15 from Mamajek & Hillenbrand 2008:
** this only includes x ray data from the ROSAT survey, and bolometric luminosities calculated from L=4*pi*sigma*R^2*T^4 and R values from Valenti et al. 2005. There are definitely more Lx values in the literature, the trick is converting them to the right units.

No comments:
Post a Comment