Still stuck on this issue - the shape of the curves looks reasonable, but they are translated down in log(g). I believe the temperatures are correct...I have carried the calculation out by hand several times, checked my units, etc...I even e-mailed Inseok to see if he had any insight (I'm sure he does). Maybe there's another way of calculating log(g), though I don't know why this isn't working. My stars are all main-sequence, so all my formulae should apply...
I checked to see if it was a problem with the model I was using - it's not. My numbers come out the same regardless of the metallicity and with or without the "overshooting" parameter described by Schaller 1992.
In song et al. 2001, he corrects for rotation, but the correction only shifts the field points by ~100 Myr. The actual model curves should be in the same place as his. Unfortunately, he doesn't go into exactly how he calculated g from the Schaller parameters, so I'm waiting for his e-mail response, t hough I don't know how my calculations could be wrong...
Anyway, here are a couple more curves added in and zoomed to the portion of Teff that is covered by Song et al. 2001:

No comments:
Post a Comment